Thursday, February 7, 2013

How to be a Book Nerd #1

I thought that it might be a fun little series to blog about all the things that make me a (proud) book nerd! If you too, would like to become a book nerd, then all you have to do is follow the steps that I will outline in the coming weeks/months.

Book to Movie Adaptations

Read the book first, and then pick apart the movie...with an in depth and detailed discussion (with your fellow movie-goer) about all the ways in which the book was better.

We all know that the books are usually better than the film adaptation, yet I can't help myself and HAVE to read the book first. Last year I watched a few book to movie adaptations, and the only film that I thought was better than the book was The Help. I did enjoy the book, but I found the pacing in the first half a little slow (it picked up in the second half, but I had to read 150 pages or so before I really started enjoying the book).

Having said that, there are so many book to movie adaptations coming out in 2013, that I am looking forward to! Some I have yet to read the book (I usually like to wait until a couple weeks before I see the movie to read the book, that way it is still fresh in my mind), and others I have already read (but in some cases it was a couple of years ago, so I may re-read the book before seeing the movie).


2013 (and some 2014) Book to Movie Adaptations I'm looking forward to include:

Silver Linings Playbook, based on the novel by Matthew Quick 02/13
Safe Haven, based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks 02/13
Admission, based on the novel by Jean Hanff Korelitz 03/13 (it stars Paul Rudd, what can I say!)
The Host, based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer 03/13
The Great Gatsby, based on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald 05/13
City of Bones, based on the novel by Cassandra Clare 08/13
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, based on the novel by Suzanne Collins 11/13

Rumoured
The Maze Runner, based on the novel by James Dashner 2013
Uglies, based on the novel by Scott Westerfeld 2013/2014?
Beautiful Disaster, based on the novel by Jamie McGuire
Divergent, based on the novel by Veronica Roth 2014
Delirium, based on the novel by Lauren Oliver 2014
The Night Circus, based on the novel by Erin Morgenstern (not sure how true this one is, but HERE is the link to the IMDB page)

And I just read in the paper today that The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is being made into a file, starring Geoffrey Rush. Really excited for that one!

This is not a comprehensive list, and more than likely does not include all the movies I would want to see,  but it is a list that I quickly put to together.

No comments:

Post a Comment