Friday, June 17, 2011

Recent Layouts

I've had a chance to play a couple of nights this week, and this is what I came up with:

Missouri:
My sister and her husband went to Hawaii last year, and I stole some of her piccies. I really love this layout...I used Sketchy Thursday's sketch 6.09 again (told you I loved that sketch).



The middle photo of Vanessa and Jon (pretending to steer) has come out a little dark in the photo, IRL it is a dark photo, and I wasn't able to adjust it without blowing out the image, but I figured that scrapbooking is all about preserving memories, and so why not use a less than perfect photo that, helps to tell the story.

Details:

I tried a few new (for me) techniques on this layout - first I matted everything on black cardstock, for extra definition, and then I used some foam tape to lift the grey dot paper, and the photo block off the layout...I also bought some Crafty Notions in Black Tulip, solely so that I could splatter some over the layout...but when push came to shove, I couldn't bring myself to do it!

I tell you what, this layout is REALLY heavy....all that extra cardstock! At least I know it won't bend, when I eventually buy an album to keep it in.

I also managed to do another layout of my beautiful little man - I've had my eye on these Jillibean Soup Papers for a while, and so when I found them in my LSS, I just had to buy them. Even though they are birthday themed, I decided not to scrap a birthday layout (largely in part to the fact that Benji is only 8 months old, so apart from the day he was born...he hasn't had a birthday yet).

Big Boy Bath:


Details:

The blue pin is from HERE, I have a few different sets, in different colours, so I'm sure that they will be turning up on a lot of layouts soon!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment