Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Scrapping

Friday night, I saw a link on friend's facebook page to the sketch blog Sassy Lil' Sketches, and I decided that I wanted to play along. I already had the title, photo and embellies in my mind, so you'd think that this layout would have come together quickly...well it didn't. Three hours later and I finally finished, I'm a slow scrapper, but even for me, this was ridiculous!!
I blame the machine stitching, because of the orientation of the layout, it meant that I couldn't just go around in  the squares in one go, I had to do each line separately - but I'm really happy with the finished product, so it was all worth it.

[if you go into the] WOODS [tonight]:

This is actually a photo that I stole out of my project 365 album (every month, I print the photos and put them in a separate album..otherwise it would be a lot of work at the end of the year!), so I will have to remember to reprint it and pop it back in.

Details:

I LOVE that Little Red Riding Hood button, I got it from ebay...purely so that I could do a layout with this exact photo!


I also managed to do another layout yesterday morning, this time it's for Out of the Hat - this is a challenge site, that I have known about forever, but this month was the first time I have ever played along, but I will definitely be checking out next months criteria.

June Criteria:
KRAFT background with BRIGHTS
6 BUTTONS   and
a BIRD

Snuggles:

One of my favourite photos of Lily and Benji - both of them are always so happy to be together, doesn't matter what they're doing. Poor little Benji misses Lily when she's at school, and often crawls down to her room to check if she somehow snuck in without him noticing!

Details:

Thanks for looking,

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the SLS 14th sketch! I LOVE craft! Thanks for playing with us! /Pia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the greatest scrappy style! I love your layouts! Thanks for playing with Sassy Lil' Sketches this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun page and I LOVE that button cute!! Super cute!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sassy Lil Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete