Saturday, October 25, 2008

Would have loved to have known you better

This is a layout of Vanessa (my identical twin sister) and I way back in October 1987, we would have been about 3 1/2 years old.
The man in the photo is our Dziadek (grandfather in Polish) and this is one the last, and only photos that we had taken with him (he died in 1989).





This was quite an emotional layout for me to do, as I still miss him everyday, and wonder about all the things that we could have done together while I was growing up.

I do know that he is looking down on us, and I also know that he has met Lily. I never believed in things like this before, but a little while ago I took Lily to my Babcia's house and she was walking around the house like she was following someone (she had only ever been to Babcia's house a handful of times, and she wasnt walking yet those few times), and laughing and giggling. The whole time we were there I felt 'something' but didnt know (or more likely didnt want to know) what it was, and then that night I had a dream, and in my dream Dziadek came to me and said that it was him at Babcia's house, not to be afraid, and that he has been watching over us.

Still now I sometimes feel him around me, and it comforts me to know that he is here with us and he got to meet my little girl.


xx
Tamara

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful layout, im sorry for your loss,

    me and aiden are well how are you and lilly?

    ReplyDelete