Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Eleven from Twenty Eleven

As 2011 draws to a close, I thought it might be fun to look back over all the layouts I did this year, and share my favourites. They're in no particular order (well apart from the way that my computer has ordered them, based on file name).


August
One of my monthly photo collages, and layouts from Project 365. At first I struggled with this layout, I couldn't find any papers that matched - but then, as so often happens, it all just fell into place and I LOVE this layout (it's one of my favourites from the Project 365 album).



Benjo
This layout was based on a sketch from The Scrappiest (if I remember correctly). I'm really glad that I got a chance to scrap this memory, although every time I see the layout, I can't help but get the song stuck in my head!



Mało Roman i Duzy Roman
(Little Roman and Big Roman)
For my parents birthdays (in March), I gave them a voucher to have a photoshoot with Lily and Benji (what better gift for the people who have everything!?!) From the shoot, this is my favourite photo, and I couldn't wait to use it on a layout.

Benji's middle name was always going to be 'Aidan', but a couple weeks (or maybe months) before he was due, I asked my Dad if he would mind if I named Benji after him. Of course he said I could, and so Benji's middle name is Roman. It was a good choice too, because they share a very special bond!



DJ Lily
When I started scrapping again this year, one of my goals was to have a layout published (no pressure or anything!), and after having a few layouts rejected the week before, on a whim I decided to submit this one. I still have the email that Scrapbooking Memories sent me, saying that they wanted to publish it!


July
Another one of my monthly layouts; the colour combo + the black matting + the splatters = all my favourite things on a layout!


Missouri
The photos on this layout aren't perfect, but they are special to my sister and her husband. It's always been Vanessa's dream to go to Hawaii, and in August 2010 they went!
The layout was based on a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (but it wasn't actually the one I submitted, I liked the sketch so much, that I made another layout based on the same sketch!)
This is actually the first layout I ever did, where I matted the papers on black cardstock, and boy! did I get a shock when I picked it up afterwards....so heavy!


Just like Mum
A little 8x8 of Lily, and her love of taking 'selfies'.


Outdoorsie Kind of Girl
This was one of the very first layouts I scrapped at the beginning of the year, it's simple, and it's got no journalling on it (boo!)...but I still love it!


Just like Mario
Ian is a huge computer geek, and so while we were in Kuala Lumpur in March I couldn't help myself but put Benji on this ride inside The Curve shopping mall.
(It's a really crappy photo of the layout, but I'm too lazy to take another photo of it!)

Snuggles
My babies having a cuddle at the local park! This layout was actually done for one of the monthly challenges at Out of the Hat.
 


Summer Rain
I think that this is my favourite layout from the entire year! The photo, the colours, the papers and the layering. I only did this layout a couple of weeks ago for a CC challenge at Mystical Scrapbooks.

xx




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Tam - love them all and I think it's wonderful that you achieve your publishing goal this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely gorgeous pages Tamara. Congrats on getting published to!!

    ReplyDelete