Friday, May 20, 2011

Benjo

When I was pregnant with Benji, he was never given a nickname, he was just called "the baby", and once we found he, was in fact a he, we started calling him Benji.
I will admit, that prior to finding out at my morphology scan that he was a boy, I secretly called him Gypsy a few times...the name we had chosen for him, had he been a girl.

Even when after he was born, he still didn't really have a nickname, until one day I was singing the B.I.N.G.O song to him, and it dawned on me that if I changed the "I" to an "E" and the "G" to a "J", I could still sing in the same tune, and at the same time it resembled Benji's name. 


It's stuck, and now Lily and I can be heard multiple times a day calling him Benjo, instead of Benji.

The layout below, is based on sketch #120 at The Scrappiest. Here's the Sketch:



And Benjo was his Name-o

I changed the sketch a little bit, I rotated it to suit the portrait orientation of my photo, and I decided not to put in the small strip across the right hand side of the photo, but hopefully you can see the original sketch in there (if you squint, and tilt your head to the side LOL).

Details:

A few of my favourite embellies in there - the cute littla bunny button is from Purple Pumpkin, and the birdie pin is from My Little Bit of Whimsy.
I also used my dymo, but chose to run a piece of Kraft (I first saw this years and years ago, but it was a visit to Kerryn's blog that reminded me), cut to size through it instead of using tape - matched my layout perfectly, I will definitely be doing it again.

xx


7 comments:

  1. this is so sweet! I love how you've used the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch and the brown and blue palette is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet story. The whole idea is to use the sketch for inspiration and you did that to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [just hopping from CWC] such a sweet LO Tam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting....

    p.s i got them at a cheapie shop or you could try a toy shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your recent pages Tam...you're inspiring me!! We should get together soon for a scrap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...that's so sweet!!!!!!!!!!I love it! Thanks for visiting The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete