Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 123 Challenge

This is the first time I have ever played along at 123 challenge - and I have no idea why it's taken me so long! It was so much fun, and I got to try things that I never would have otherwise!

For May, the criteria was:
Colour: RED
Word: FUN
Technique: HAND STITCHED TITLE

Waiting for You:

The Kraft background, didn't photograph very well - but out of the 7 photos I took, this was the closest to the actual colour. It was only the Kraft I had trouble with, all the other colours came out fine.

Detail Shots:

The journalling reads: The FUN part of setting up your nursery, was finished by early September - and then the waiting started.
Luckily, we knew that you would be born October 7th, so we didn't have to wait too long for you.

That cute little boy button is from, one of my favourite places ever...LIL RED ROCKET. I actually had this layout sitting on my desk, and was waiting for my parcel from the last sale to arrive, as I knew that this button would be perfect.

In true Tamara style the 'you' in the title is a little wonky (the 'Y' isnt quite on the edge of the paper, but I think that if I put a teeny tiny extra stitch in there, it might make it worse?), but I've come to expect that from myself!

In case anyone's wondering - Benji's nursery no longer looks like that - it's still pretty clean, but as was to be expected... a lot more blue, has crept it's way in there!

xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh so cute Tamara! I didn't even notice that the title is wonky??
    I agree the LRR button is PERFECT!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage feel to you layout. Glad you enjoyed my challenge at 123.
    Hope you play along again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Your background paper looks great and those buttons are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout Tamara, love the way you have used the color!!
    Jodi from 123

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so beautiful love it all take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just fab Tamara! love that button! its soooo cute! great stitching too! xoxo Charmane

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just SUPERB! luv the simplicity of it...stunning! x thx for playing along

    ReplyDelete