Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Project Life 2012 - Week Forty Three

I can't believe that this year is almost over. It seems like just yesterday I was (not so) patiently waiting for my order of Project Life products to arrive, and all of a sudden it's the end of October.
Looking back at the albums I have full of memories of this year, makes me so happy to have found this system of documenting. Of course I wish that I had found it sooner, and if the desire so strikes me I could go back and do past years, but for now I am more than happy to look forward and continue with this awesome system in the years to come.

Main Spread, without Extra Inserts
A lot of photos from around the house, capturing the everyday moments this week...that's what I love about Project Life, in the years to come we will more than likely be able to remember that time we went out for my birthday dinner/whatever big event, but I want to remember the little things. Things like when Benj turned 2, he was constantly climbing the garage gate and getting stuck, or they way that the kids play together (I'm sure in a few years, this won't be the case!)

Main Spread, with extra Inserts
 I had three extra inserts this week...I can't help it, I have a problem!
Insert One, was a flyer I got from an author event that I went to...I love collecting stuff like this, and now I have a place to put it!

Back of Insert One and Insert Two
I made a 5x7 collage of a photo from the author event, and the signed books.

On Friday night I took Lily out to a gymnastics event, it was the first of it's kind in WA (and possibly Australia)! The Chetkovich Cup was an event which showcased all 7 disciplines of gymsports.
I didn't get many good shots once the event, because of the 'no flash photography' rule! But Lily and I both had a great night, and we do have a few photos to prove it.

Back of Insert Two & Insert Three
These photos on the back of the gymnastics inserts aren't the best (they're phone shots), but I'm glad that they're in there!

The next photo is a 6x6 Instagram photo that I took during the week. I am so excited that Matchbox Twenty will be preforming in Perth in less than 2 weeks! I have been a fan since I was 12, so over half my life! I was listening to Yourself or Someone Like You (their first album), and I was amazed that after almost 20 years I still remember all the words, to all the songs, so it was worth remembering.

Back of Insert Three
We took the kids out to the Canningvale Markets on Sunday (it's kinda like what you would call a flea market in the States, although some stalls sell new stuff). It was really hot, and we didn't stay long, but I took quite a few photos, and had a 6x6 space to fill, so a collage was made!

Here's a little look at my assistant helping me photograph the layouts


Did everybody see the announcement on Becky's blog last night?

It will be interesting to what it means for those of us in Australia and New Zealand. Hopefully it will mean that the products are easier to get hold of. Although I never had any complaints about the service we received from Craft House, being able to pre-order was an advantage that we had, and one which meant we didn't have to sit by a computer waiting for Amazon to upload products, and try and check them out before someone else had the chance. And I was a huge fan of the courier service they used to shop the products to us, it only took about 3 days to get to me from New Zealand (I can't even get domestic mail from the eastern   states that quickly!)

Linking this post up with The Mom Creative

1 comment:

  1. I love all your inserts. I actually find myself collecting more goodies so I have a excuse to use them. Love the collage you created of the market. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete