Monday, January 14, 2013

Project Life 2012 - Week Fifty One

Today, I'm sharing Week 51 from my 2012 Project Life album.
This week includes the last week (it was really only a two day week) of school for Lily, and Ian going on holidays from work. Unfortunately we didn't really do a lot, as summer finally decided to arrive in Perth (seriously, it had been raining the week before), and it was HOT!

Main Spread, without Extra Inserts
Sorry for the glare, I didn't realise how bad it was until I uploaded this photo.

I have to reprint that photo on the bottom left, as somehow I managed to cut off the tiny bit of text that I had on the photo!

This week I included the first photo from my 30-Before-30 challenge (is challenge really the correct word for it?), anyway as I mentioned in this post, the main recording of the event/item will be recorded in the journal, and I would more than likely just add a photo into my PL album.
This is the photo I chose to include:


Main Spread, with Extra Inserts/Insert One

Back of Insert One/Insert Two


Sometimes I swear I'm CRAZY for attempting it as the beginning and end of each year, but then I look at the photos of the kids from these times, and am amazed at just how much they have grown. To really appreciate the growth, you have to look at the photos side by side.

Lily

Benji

Even though Benj, isn't school aged I still like to take a photo of him too. Who knows, by the time he is school aged he might be so used to it, that he will stand and pose without me getting frustrated!

Another thing I included in the album was a free prinatable I found on the internet, (and sorry right now the link seems to be missing, but as soon as I find where I wrote it down, I will be sure to include it), all about Lily's favourite things (it has American spelling on it, and that was a fun discussion trying to explain to a 5 year old about how the same word can be spelt two different ways depending on where you live!)
I love seeing how her favourite things have changed (or stayed the same), but more than that there is a huge improvement in her writing and drawing skills.

Lily said that she couldn't fit everyone in her family portrait, so she "just drew Mummy and Lily"

No comments:

Post a Comment